Things to consider before starting the transfer of your Domain Name
Transferring a domain from your existing registrar to us is in most cases without any problems if all precautions are set correctly. If your domain name is currently registered elsewhere we can help you with every aspect of transferring your domain name to us. No matter where your domain name is registered, we can help you to transfer it to us.
Important steps to be considered before initiating the transfer:
To transfer any top level domain name to us, you will need to make sure that your current details registered against your domain name are up-to-date and current, because part of the transfer process is that you will need to verify you are the owner and that you agree to the transfer, which is done by sending an automated email to the domain name owner. Ensure that the contact information in the Whois Database for Admin-C is correct and the mentioned email account can be accessed.
You will also need to obtain what is known as an EPP key or “Auth code” from the current registration company, which is like an unique serial number for your domain name to enable a domain name transfer, and then disable or switch off any domain name locking that might be enabled. You are required to cancel your domain registration with the actual registrar. The most registrars provide a "Cancellation Request"-link in their Customer Area. If this is not applicable we will provide you with a form called "Connectivity Coordination (CC)" which you have to send to your actual provider to announce the cancellation and in the same time to agree to a forthcoming transfer of the respective domain to us. In normal cases the providers should set the Domain Status to "UNLOCK" and send a Cancellation Confirmation containing the AuthInfo-Code or EPP Key. If this is not the case you should request it explicitly!
Once you have your key/code, and have unlocked your domain name, you can then proceed to place your order for a domain name transfer directly through our website as normal.
These are just a few things to consider before transferring a domain name as you could be losing time and valuable business if your domain move gets interrupted or denied by the actual provider due to incorrect communications or procedures. We are here to help! For help and assistance before and during the transfer do not hesitate to contact us:
► Start Domain Transfer
Domain Transfer - Step-by-Step
We try to make the domain transfer as much comfortable as possible for you. With our well established service network and a long-term experience in domain transfer processes we can avoid most unexpected errors in advance and ensure a seamless and convenient transfer process.
Learn more about the steps in detail:
1. Navigate to the Product: "Domain Transfer" or request transfer services via form on this page.
- check that you have typed the domain name and other data correctly
- make sure that you are the official owner of the domain name (Admin-C)
- ensure the domain is registered for at least 60 days and in unlocked status
2. Follow the next steps according to the cancellation status with your actual provider:
| || |
| || |
Request your transfer and enter your EPP-Key/AuthInfo-Code during the order procedure or in the form.
(Follow step 5)
| || |
Request the AuthInfo/EPP Key from your actual provider and set the Domain Status to "UNLOCK".
(Follow step 4)
| || |
Cancel the domain with your actual provider via official form or at the provider directly.
(Follow step 3)
3. The domain you wish to transfer must be cancelled with the actual provider and unlocked for outgoing transfer.
- initiate the cancellation/transfer at the providers website with the form "Connectivity Coordination (CC)"
4. Most providers send the cancellation confirmation containing the AuthInfo/EPP Key.
- open a ticket and provide us with the Key/Code
5. In some cases we require the submission of a copy of your personal identification evidence.
6. Complete the Checkout or Submit the Request Form.quest Form.
- receive the order confirmation and the invoice for selected registration period in advance
- make the payment to confirm your request and to appoint the transfer
7. After payment we will start the transfer immediately.
- be notified about all status updates by email or after login at Customer Service Panel.
8. Check the email account mentioned under the Admin-C in Whois Data regularly.
- confirm incoming authorization requests from the Domain Registrar/Domain Robot
9. Domain transfer in progress.
- you will be updated about the status of the transfer (successful or failed)
- we will confirm if successful or contact you about next step if failed
10. Domain registration successful completed.
- we will setup your domain and point to the specified Services or Servers
- domain will be propagated within 48h world wide
(propagation time is depending on the update intervals of the name server of the internet access provider)
► Start your Domain Transfer now!